Each week we will feature a new recipe highlighting a Fruit or Vegetable of the Week.
Fresh Blueberry Raspberry Pie
- 1 prepared pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, (Can substitute frozen) divided
- 2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- Cook pie crust according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan add sugar, cornstarch and salt. mix well, then add in the water, cook over medium heat until smooth. Add 2 cups blueberries one cup of raspberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Add butter, lemon juice and remaining berries; continue to stir until butter is melted. Cool. filling will thicken up upon cooling. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!